Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Children & Homework

I have a questions for the parents out there. Should you have your children do their homework as soon as they get home or let them relax for a little while first then have them do their homework?

When I used to work outside the house my children's favorite excuse for not doing their homework was because they needed my help to do it. They would have one question they were stumped on and wouldn't move beyond that question to finish the others. Instead they would stop and tell me they needed my help with their homework.

Now that I am not working outside the house and am able to work from home, when they get home I have them do their homework. They try and give me grief over it, but I stick to my rules and make them do it immediately.

Should this be the way it is handled or should I allow them to have a little while relaxing before they take care of it? They are obviously arguing for me to allow them the relaxation time, but I don't think it would be beneficial to them. If they do their homework as soon as they come home then they have the rest of the evening ahead of them to do just about anything they want.

Let me know what you think. Thanks
Patti

No comments: